3ds Max offers a rich and flexible toolset to create premium designs with full artistic control.
- Create massive worlds in games
- Visualize high-quality architectural renderings
- Model finely detailed interiors and objects
- Bring characters and features to life with animation and VFX
RENDER HIGH-QUALITY SCENES
The built-in Arnold renderer provides a rich experience and can handle your more complex characters, scenes, and effects.
- Save time with centralized creative tools for interactive light mixing, color correction, and lens effects on the rendered image
- Work faster with an artist-friendly user experience and intuitive controls
- Iterate and produce high quality renders and variations faster
WORK FASTER AND MEET DEADLINES
3ds Max lets you scale your workflow with automation, allowing you to spend more time on creativity.
- Use 3ds Max as a compute engine to scale content production
- Extend built-in workflows with accessible APIs
- Accelerate manual steps to boost productivity
AUTODESK 3DS MAX 2022 UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
Taking speed and security one step further.
Focused on workflow efficiency, easy-to-use texturing and rendering tools, and a safer, more secure workspace environment, 3ds Max brings you new rendering capabilities in Arnold, a new Bake to Texture functionality, and enhancements to popular modeling tools
- Smart Extrude Enhancements – Smart Extrude now features two new operations when performed with a Shift+Drag extrusion on an Editable Poly or Edit Poly modifier
- Slice Modifier – The Slice modifier has been updated with a number of new features to aid modeling tasks.
- Symmetry Modifier Enhancements – The Symmetry modifier has been improved to make modeling faster and easier.
- Relax Modifier Enhancement – The Preserve Volume option smooths fine detail and noise on your model while retaining its shape and definition.
- Extrude Modifier Enhancements – The Extrude Modifier has been improved to achieve better results quickly and interactively.
- Autosmooth Function Improvement – Autosmooth has been significantly improved, providing performance gains whether smoothing a thousand faces or a million.
Accessible Texturing and Rendering
- Arnold Renderer: MAXtoA – This version of 3ds Max includes MAXtoA 184.108.40.206 based on Arnold 220.127.116.11.
- Rendering Improvements – 3ds Max 2022 includes a number of improvements to make rendering easier and faster.
- Bake to Texture – Bake to Texure now includes a selection of pre-configured maps to streamline frequent baking operations.
- Viewport Improvements – The viewport now features more control over ambient occlusion and floating viewport windows.
Safe and Secure Environment
- Security Improvements – 3ds Max 2022 includes a number of security improvements to protect your 3ds Max scenes and files.