In this exercise, you create a mezzanine in the store room area of the building.
Before you begin, download the GSG_04_add_floor.rvt file.
- Add a floor by drawing an outline to create the boundary.
- Edit the floor boundary and use the Align and Trim tools to create a closed loop sketch.
Create a Floor on the Lower Level
- Open project GSG_04_add_floor.rvt.
Note: An additional level was added to this file for the mezzanine level.
- In the Project Browser, under Floor Plans, double-click Mezzanine.
- Click Architecture tabBuild panel (Floor).
- Click Modify | Create Floor Boundary tabDraw panel (Pick Walls).
- Position the cursor over one of the 3 walls as shown in the image, and click to place a boundary line.
- On the Modify|Create Floor Boundary tabDraw Panel, change to place line segments.
- Place additional boundary lines approximately as shown.
- On the Modify | Create Floor Boundary tab, select Trim to corner.
- Trim the corners of the boundary by selecting the lines on the sides that will be kept.
- After the boundary forms a closed loop, check (Finish Edit Mode) on the Mode panel.